An unnamed Albanian side is interested in signing Mason Greenwood, talkSPORT understands.
The striker is set to leave Manchester United after the club announced he would continue his career away from Old Trafford following an investigation into the player.
Greenwood will continue his career away from Old TraffordGetty
The 21-year-old was arrested on suspicion of rape, assault and making threats to kill in January 2022. The charges were dropped by the Crown Prosecution Service in February this year.
Since that news, the club conducted an internal investigation into the original arrest, the outcome of which they announced would be to mutually part ways.
Greenwood has since been linked with a move to the Saudi Pro League with Al Ettifaq, a story which manager Steven Gerrard branded ‘fake news’ on social media.
Now talkSPORT understands that an Albanian team have registered their interest.
On August 16 it was reported that Man United staff had been told to prepare for the potential return of Greenwood to first team training.
However, on August 21, a club statement read: “Manchester United has concluded its internal investigation into the allegations made against Mason Greenwood.
“Our process commenced in February 2023, following all charges against Mason being dropped.
“Throughout, we have taken into account the wishes, rights and perspective of the alleged victim along with the club’s standards and values, and sought to collate as much information and context as possible.
“This has required us to proceed with sensitivity and care to obtain evidence not in the public domain, including from those with direct knowledge of the case.
“Based on the evidence available to us, we have concluded that the material posted online did not provide a full picture and that Mason did not commit the offences in respect of which he was originally charged.
“That said, as Mason publicly acknowledges today, he has made mistakes which he is taking responsibility for.
“All those involved, including Mason, recognise the difficulties with him recommencing his career at Manchester United.
“It has therefore been mutually agreed that it would be most appropriate for him to do so away from Old Trafford, and we will now work with Mason to achieve that outcome.”